18.08.2017: My arrival in the Netherlands

After 18 (instead of 14) hours of travelling, I have finally arrived in the Netherlands. I cannot adequately express the gratitude I feel. I will never be able to properly thank those who offered to take me all the way to the Netherlands by car, just to avoid it costing me an arm and a leg to get here (I would have needed to buy a plane ticket at the last minute). I will never forget the moment I stepped inside my (clean, already half-furnished) room and “saw” the same friends I had been chatting with on facebook, who have now properly shown me they do keep their promises and that they mean what they say. My faith in humanity is officially restored!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

24-25.08.2017: My first meeting with my tutor, the meeting with the disability coordinator, my second trip to the bank and my health insurance